Black mold, a common household pest, is a toxic and potentially dangerous fungus. Because it is often hard to distinguish between regular mold and black mold, it is best to treat all mold growth as a threat. Further, it is important to understand the warning signs and symptoms of black mold, both on your home and on your health.When we talk about black mold, we aren’t referring to just common acne or flu. It is different for every person. This is because it acts differently in every person. Reason for the deviation from a particular behavior is the extensive range of species of molds, each having its own type of secretion of toxins, each toxin having a different effect. However, researchers have proven that indeed, any kind of disease associated with a toxic mold should be taken up seriously.


Molds are actually the co-existence of fungi. They release spores, which if present in larger quantity, can cause negative impact. There are spores everywhere, especially wherever there is food for the fungi. But, they are always negligible in amount if hygienic habits are observed. If not, black mold symptoms would not be surprising. Our bodies work in different ways, meaning every individual has his own immune system; some more resistant, some weak. The effect of a particular kind of mold varies from person to person. Some might fall extremely sick and others might not face any difference by them. So, it is quite difficult to make a mutual conclusion about their behavior.


Humans that are much more immune to getting affected by a black mold can face respiration difficulties, itching and irritation in sensitive regions such as eyes and coughing. These symptoms can be most commonly found among workers that are exposed to environments containing higher percentage of spores. The next level of symptoms involves increase in body temperature, and oxygen debt (more commonly known as ‘gasping for air’). There also lies a fair probability of developing a fungal infection in the respiratory tract. Black mold can have effects on our hormonal system too. This is due to the toxins they release, which can drastically change our emotions. These include feelings of depression and anxiety and random panic attacks. Other than that, effects on brain include deafness, dumbness, even loss of sight, along with long-term memory loss or critical brain damage.


However, the above black mold symptoms are only related to our neurology. The following conditions might strike you with much worry, but it is better to know before hand. Constant headaches, bleeding from the lungs and nose, fatigues in various body parts, loss of weight, hair fall, rashes, genital abnormality, swollen organs, ear infections, bronchitis, muscle fatigue, loss of appetite, delay in development, miscarriage, jaundice, ulcers, tremors and death have been noticed because of this toxic fungus. The harmful secretions cause the symptoms since they have the ability to produce. ‘Mycotoxins’ are already made or produced after they land on the human body. Either way, once a black mold has made up its mind to consider your body as its host, it is time to start worrying.