How To Use Your Senses To Detect Black Mold

//How To Use Your Senses To Detect Black Mold

How To Use Your Senses To Detect Black Mold

Black mold, a common household pest, is a toxic and potentially dangerous fungus. Because it is often hard to distinguish between regular mold and black mold, it is best to treat all mold growth as a threat. Further, it is important to understand the warning signs and symptoms of black mold, both on your home and on your health. Mold is a small yet dangerous living organism, which belongs to the fungi family. Mold can survive on a variety of objects and can often be found growing inside houses. There are different varieties of molds, and some are more harmful than others. Perhaps the most harmful kind of mold is black mold, and this should be immediately removed from the home.

 

Black mold is known to cause a number of health problems in humans, and has even been a cause of several deaths. That is why it is very important to take quick action when it comes to mold and make your home safe for your family again. There are some tips that can help you detect mold in your house. If your house is prone to humidity, leaks and flooding, there is a big probability that there might be a mold infestation somewhere. If you have experienced these issues in the past, do take some time and check for symptoms of mold.

 

The first thing that you need to see is visible signs of mold in the house. Black mold can leave spots over the infected area, which may be black, green or yellow in appearance. Check for these kinds of spots and stains all over the house, concentrating more on places like the basement, bathrooms and closets. Mold growth resembles fuzzy cotton balls, so keep that in mind when you are searching for it.

 

Another good tip for mold detection is to use your sense of smell. Black mold can often have a very strong musty odor, which can be detected easily if you try. Check out all the nooks and crannies of your house and see if you detect any peculiar smells. Make sure to check out all your drawers and closets as well. You can also use black light in order to test for mold. If you see any spots on a surface and need to make sure whether it is mold, you can shine a black light on it. If it seems yellow or green in that light, it is mold.

 

There are also a number of mold detection kits available in the market, which can be used for this purpose. These are designed to be used by amateurs, so you do not need to be an expert for this purpose. However, black mold can be very dangerous, so it is always better to call in an expert if you detect that there is a problem in your house.

By | 2019-12-19T10:25:14+00:00 December 19th, 2019|Blog|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment