Black mold, a common household pest, is a toxic and potentially dangerous fungus. Because it is often hard to distinguish between regular mold and black mold, it is best to treat all mold growth as a threat. Further, it is important to understand the warning signs and symptoms of black mold, both on your home and on your health. Black mold is known as stachybotrys atra and is a type of stachybotrys mold. It is known as a very harmful kind of mold, as it has numerous health effects on humans. Houses with this kind of mold can be very dangerous to live in, as the residents are at a serious health risk.
Since it is so harmful, it is very important to detect and remove this mold as soon as possible. Many people do not realize that their house is infested with mold, and hence they suffer from many symptoms such as stomach pain, fever, infections and allergies. Early removal of the mold is the only way to maintain a healthy home environment.
One of the most difficult tasks in the process of removing back mold is to detect exactly where is has spread. The unfortunate thing here is that mold does not grow in open spaces; rather it always grows in dark and humid places, which are difficult to reach for humans. This makes it even harder to find out where the source of the problem lies. However, there are some signs and symptoms that can help you detect mold. Mold has a strong musty odor, so if you do smell something like that in your house over a period of time, do not ignore it. Also, mold can leave yellow and green stains over walls and surfaces, so be on the lookout for any such signs.
The first place you should be looking at for black mold is all the dark hidden places such as basements, closets or air conditioner vents. There are many products now available in the market that you can use for mold removal, and these are designed to be used at home. You can find a number of bleaches and acids that attempt to remove mold, and complete mold removal kits are also available. If you do not want to call in an expert, you can use these products. However, make sure that you are safe and use gloves and masks.
Removing black mold once is not the solution of the problem because it can grow again. What you need to do is to solve the root of the problem; see whether it is due to leakage, lack of air and sunlight or humidity. Once this is done, use mold resistant paint and solutions on the areas of infestation in order to prevent any further problems.